Tuesday 6 September 2011

Diary of my fight with Megaesophagus

6/09/2011
In August I had a lovely holiday in Settle with the family and even managed some walks, we didn't go too far as I have to be fed 4 times a day, because of my condition, and I don't much like walking.
Megaesophagus is a condition where the throat becomes enlarged & food is not pushed into the stomach by the muscles and can eventually cause pneumonia if food or fluid trapped in the esophagus is regurgitated into the lungs.
 My dad made me a Bailey chair he'll admit he's no carpenter but it serves it's purpose, although I don't like sitting in there, it's boring especially the 15min waiting time after I've been fed. Sometimes Mum will lift me out & sit me on her knee if she's not too busy.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor little girl. I also have a Lhasa, pretty much the same coloring as your little one. My one is about 13 years old, I adopted her four years ago and I adore her to bits.

    ReplyDelete